Ground Rent Arrears
Ground Rent Arrears
At SLC Solicitors, we are able to provide quick and efficient collection of ground rent arrears with no upfront cost to our clients prior to the point of issuing proceedings.
Should a tenant or leaseholder of the property default on their payment of the ground rent, we can recover these arrears up to six years from the date they were due to be paid.
Ground rent is a valuable source of income for freeholders and it is therefore vital that risk and credit control issues are constantly reviewed.
When ground rent arrears have been identified, it is imperative that you act quickly to seek full recovery of outstanding sums owed to you. Without adequate controls in place, freeholders and management companies risk rent arrears impacting on their cash flow. This can all be avoided if you employ the services of SLC , as specialist solicitors we ensure prompt recovery of the rent.
We have a clear and concise fee structure offering you peace of mind.
We provide clear advice on the terms of the lease and your rights to claim costs from the Leaseholder. We make it as easy as possible for you to make an informed decision about the risks and benefits to you by explaining in detail any action that needs to be taken.
To make the referral process easy for you, we usually do not request funds on account (where the lease allows for recovery from the tenant).
We aim to recover the contractual costs or fixed costs from the leaseholder minimising the strain of litigation on your cash flow.
- Pre-litigation: We offer a fixed fee structure up to and including the claim and request for default judgment if required.
- Litigated Disputes: We will provide you with a reasonable quotation for litigation once a defence is received. We review our costs regularly and we will keep you informed of any changes as the matter progresses.
- Enforcement: We can enforce an Order through various means including forfeiture and possession proceedings.
SLC Solicitors will provide:-
- A dedicated account manager who will act as your single point of contact, keep you up to date throughout and who will explain our recovery process to you in full,
- Regular reporting issued at the frequency of your choosing
- No upfront costs (in the majority of cases)
- Quick and efficient recovery of Ground Rent Arrears
- Specialist advice from our expert lawyers
Complete the form below and one of our specialists will call you to discuss:
The Private Rental Sector (PRS)
Are you a residential landlord or tenant? The Housing Act 1988 is one of the...