Tenants of residential flats often commit acts of ‘nuisance’ in breach of their lease.
This can occur when they do something on their own property which they are lawfully entitled to do but which becomes a nuisance when the consequences of those acts affect the property of their neighbours or when they do something in their own property which is prohibited under the lease.
At SLC we are experts in taking action for Nuisance – these cases can include:
- Overflowing baths causing damage to flats below
- Installation of laminate flooring causing noise nuisance
- Short term lets; “AirBnB” style lets which lead to noise nuisance complaints
- Keeping pets in contravention of lease terms (or permitted pets causing issues by fouling or noise)
We have a clear and concise fee structure offering you peace of mind.
We provide straightforward advice on the terms of the lease and your rights to claim costs from the leaseholder. We make it as easy as possible for you to make an informed decision about the risks and benefits to you by explaining in detail any action that needs to be taken.
To make the referral process easy for you (where the lease allows for recovery from the tenant), we usually do not request funds on account.
We aim to recover the contractual costs from the leaseholder minimising the strain of litigation on your cashflow.
Depending on the wording of the lease the costs are very often recoverable directly from the tenant via an administration charge.
We will provide you with a reasonable quotation for the costs of any litigation beyond an initial letter. We review our costs regularly and we will keep you informed of any changes as the matter progresses. We will review the defence raised and give you advice of the merits of the defence.
We can enforce an Order through a variety of means including forfeiture and possession proceedings.
Your dedicated account manager will explain our recovery process to you in full in advance of any work being undertaken, keeping you up to date throughout.
SLC Solicitors will provide
- A dedicated account manager acting as your single point of contact
- Regular reporting issued at the frequency of your choosing
- A clear and concise fee structure offering you peace of mind
- Expert advice from our specialist lawyers
Complete the form below and one of our specialists will call you to discuss:
Join us at the ARMA Conference on 17th October 2019
We are pleased to announce that we will be attending the ARMA annual conference this...